Jul 25 2008
A few things that made me happy this week (apart from the unbelievable Dark Knight):
- Blogtor Who pointed me towards the Daily Mail article which talks about Steven Moffat taking over from Russell T Davies as the creative force behind Doctor Who. Apparently Moffat gave up a lucrative deal with Steven Spielberg to run the Who-niverse. I am delighted about this, of course, but it may have been interesting to see what Moffat would have done with the Tintin franchise.
- After catching the wonderful Juliet Turner last Friday night, I discover she also blogs a wee bit. Here’s a video she posted with her interview on The Den in 2004. Awww! Watch all the way to the end to hear the worst but funniest version of Everything Beautiful is Burning ever.
- On Sunday, Greystones Educate Together will be holding a Teddybear’s Picnic to raise funds for the new school. This is a great cause and almost makes me wish I had kids (I said almost!!). More info on the event here and more information on the new school project is here.
- The Dude is ten years old. It’s ten years since The Big Lebowski was released and to celebrate there’s this:
Wantsies!!! So, if you are feeling generous, please buy this for me from Amazon.
- Last night, Catherine Backpeddled this on Twitter, geeky but great:
- The Templebar Chocolate Festival starts today. Woohoo! Being the chocoholic that I am, I hope to sample much of the delicacies, particualrly at tomorrow’s market.
- Mr Maybury posted his addition to the Muppetry of the Penis Blogosphere. The Muppets do Pulp Fiction – awesome!